|Source||Chef Paul Lee|
Fresh and zesty appetizer for any occasion.
1⁄4 cLime juice (bottled)
1⁄4 cCider vinegar
1 TDijon mustard
1⁄2 tKosher salt
1⁄2 tBlack pepper (medium grind)
1 dsLime zest
1 1⁄2 cOlive Oil
2 lbShriimp (raw, 16-20 or 21-30)
1Jicama (peeled, cut batonnet (for slaw))
1⁄4 cMint (washed, cut chiffonade (for slaw))
1 dsLime zest ((for slaw))
1Lime juice (fresh (for slaw))
1 dsBlack pepper (cracked (for slaw))
3 ozFeta cheese (can go up to 4 oz (for slaw))
Lime - Mint Vinigarette
- Combine all ingredients, whisking the oil in last.
- Divide the batch into 2 parts: 1 part to marinade the raw shrimp (contaminated); 1 part to marinade the cooked shrimp
- Skewer shrimp and lay in hotel pans. Marinate for 2 hours.
- Grill over medium/high heat. Do not overcook.
- Immediately brush with fresh vinaigrette. Chill on sheet pans. Remove skewers when chilled. Toss gently with more vinaigrette. Hold chilled for assembly.
- Cut jicama in advance and cover with a damp towel. Store chilled, covered.
- Toss all ingredients together, adding feta last.
- Portion slaw into cosmo glass, approximately 1.5 – 2 wt. oz per glass.
- Top with 2 ea grilled shrimp, 1 sprig of mint, and a lime wedge (1/6).