|Source||Chef Paul Lee|
This is a variation of the classic cured Gravad Lox and won
best entrée at Lake Tahoe’s Kokanee Salmon Festival
2Salmon fillets (skinless)
1⁄4Red onion (sliced thin)
1 bnFresh dill (divided)
1⁄4 cDijon mustard (cracked)
1 TBlack peppercorns
1 tKosher salt
1 cSemolina flour
1 tlemon juice
1zest of one lemon
1⁄2 cwhite wine
2 Theavy cream
4 ozwhole butter (cold, chopped into pieces)
1 TDijon mustard
1 dsDill (as needed)
- Make a paste with mustard, salt, pepper, sugar.
- Spread paste on all sides of the fillets and lay skin side down on plastic wrap. Distribute dill on top of each, sandwich sliced onion between the fillets, more dill on the outside (skin sides) and then wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Unwrap fillets, wipe most of the marinade off. Dredge in semolina flour just to coat. Pan fry in oil on medium high, turning once. Finish in a low temp oven.
- In a separate sauce pan, prepare the beurre blanc.
- Add lemon juice, zest, wine to pan and reduce to syrupy.
- Add tempered heavy cream.
- Whisk butter into pan. Add mustard and dill to taste.
- Serve under fish on a platter.