|Source||Chef Paul Lee|
1 hour, 10 minutes
Chocolate Mousse on a grander scale!
2 tEspresso powder
6 ozChocolate chips (semi-sweet)
1 cCream (heavy)
- Combine the sugar, yolks, espresso powder and kahlua in a mixing bowl and whisk to foam.
- Melt the chocolate in a mixing bowl over a double boiler.
- Place the yolk mixture over the water bath and whisk to thicken the mixture as for a zabaglione. Remove from the heat and fold the chocolate in. Continue to whisk till cooled.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks.
- Whip the whites to firm peak.
- Fold ¼ of the cream into chocolate mixture to loosen. Fold in the remaining cream followed by the meringue.
- Pipe into portions, either in glasses or in chocolate tulip cups.
- Garnish with shaved chocolate curls.