|Source||Chef Paul Lee|
1 hour, 10 minutes
A signature dessert from Chef Paul Lee
6 ozButter (for crust, unsalted, melted)
1⁄2 cSugar (for crust)
14 ozNabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers (for crust, finely crushed)
2 1⁄2Cream cheese (for filling)
6 TCornstarch (for filling)
1 1⁄2 cSugar (for filling)
3 ozKahlua (for filling)
3 ozChocolate chips (for filling, semi-sweet)
4 tInstant coffee (for filling, or substitute with espresso powder)
5Eggs (for filling, whole)
2Egg yolks (for filling)
1 cCream (for filling, heavy)
- In a bowl mix the butter into the sugar and wafer and blend thoroughly.
- Line the bottoms of 2 pans with parchment paper, buttered on the bottom. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pans and halfway up the side. Bake for 5 minutes at 450°F. Chill before filling.
- Blend the cornstarch and sugar in a mixing bowl set with a paddle.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler or in a microwave with the Kahlua and instant coffee.
- Blend the softened cream cheese with the sugar mixture.
- Combine the eggs and cream and slowly blend into the cream cheese mixture. Add the chocolate mixture
- Fill the pans and bake at 325ºF above or in a water bath. Bake approximately one hour or until set.
- Cool completely. To remove from pan, set a covered cake round on top and invert pan, carefully tapping the edge.
Topping and Garnish
- Set cheesecake on an icing rack. Pour warm ganache over cheesecake to create a smooth and even coating on the top and sides.
- When coating is set to touch, pipe rosettes of whipped ganache at the outside edge of each slice. Top with an espresso bean.
- To slice, use a warm knife or fishing line.