|Source||Chef Paul Lee|
A unique take on a classic appetizer.
1 lbCrab (Dungenesse and lump meat)
1 TBasil (chopped)
1 TParsely (chopped)
1⁄4 cBell pepper (fine diced, red)
1⁄2 cBreadcrumbs (fresh)
1⁄2 tOld bay seasoning
1 tDijon mustard
1Oil (for pan frying)
- Flake crab into a separate mixing bowl, removing any skeletal pieces.
- Combine remaining ingredients(Basil through Mustard) and fold together gently with crab. Adjust flavor.
- Combine equal parts Ritz cracker crumbs and panko.
- Form crab mixture into bite size cakes as shown by chef, coat with crumb mixture and pan fry till golden brown and crispy on each side.
- Serve with your favorite remoulade sauce.