|Source||Chef Paul Lee|
1 hour, 10 minutes
Robust appetizer with earthy and natural flavors
1 lbMushroom (wild - oyster, chanterelles, trumpets, enoki, shiitake)
1 tCanola oil
1 Tshallots (minced)
2 ozBrandy (Applejack)
1 tgarlic (minced)
1 tRosemary (minced)
4 ozCream (heavy)
2 ozDemi glace
1Egg (beaten with 1 teaspoon of light cream)
- Cut puff pastry into desired shape for presentation as a base and top for the individual portions. Brush with egg/cream and bake in a hot oven, 400°F, until light golden brown and fully puffed.
- In a saut pan, saut the cleaned mushroom in the oil and butter over medium high heat. Remove to a temporary pan.
- In the original pan, add the garlic, shallots, rosemary and saut briefly. Deglaze with the brandy, igniting the alcohol. Add the apple juice and reduce by half. Add the cream and reduce slightly.
- Add the demi glace and pull the sauce together, adjusting the viscosity as needed.
- Return the mushrooms to the pan and toss briefly. Add a good pinch of ½” cut chives.
- Cut the puff pastry, separating the top from the bottom. Place the bottom on a serving plate. Spoon the mushrooms and sauce over the puff pastry. Set the pastry top off center. Garnish with two criss-crossed chives.